When you see all the dirt being sucked up into your bagless vacuum cleaner, it’s kind of unsettling to see that all that dirt was in your carpet. To keep your vacuum working in tip top shape, it’s best to make sure it gets thoroughly cleaned every couple of months – maybe even more often if you have pets. When it’s that time, here’s how to tackle it.
- Remove the canister and empty the contents into the trash.
- Take the canister apart, remove any stubborn dirt/fluff and rinse in warm water.
- Check your filters and clean as needed. Some are washable so just rinse in warm water until the water runs clear, squeeze out the excess and let it air dry. (Check your manual for instructions on how to care for your filter.)
- Check hoses for blockage. There should be one at the roller brush but also check where the dirt goes into the canister and the hose attachment.
- Use a seam ripper to remove hair and string from the roller brush. Scissors would work as well.
- Wipe the vacuum clean and wait 24 hours for its parts to thoroughly dry before putting it back together. If the filter is still damp after 24 hours, use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process.
After the vacuum is cleaned, lean it back up and turn it on for 30 seconds to run air through the system to loosen any potential clogs.
Reviewed on Customer Lobby
The technician was on time and very professional. He came in thru the garage so that debris from the outside would not be carried in. He put protection at a corner and some sort of sleeve over the door so that it was not fully open. He turned on the ceiling fans and central fans for me. Best carpet cleaning we have ever had.