Carpet cleaning is extremely important to keep the carpet in your home in pristine condition for as long as possible. Replacing the carpet in your home can be expensive and frustrating. That’s why you need to take care of the carpet in your home with proper carpet cleaning techniques. In this article, you will learn top tips to extend the life of your carpet.
Vacuum Your Carpets Frequently
Dirt can quickly accumulate in your home — faster than you think. This is because of the amount of traffic going through your carpeted rooms on a regular basis, and the amount of dirt increases if you have children or pets. For this reason, you need to be vacuuming frequently. You should be vacuuming around 2-4 times a week to keep your floors clean. To ensure proper carpet cleaning, make sure your vacuum works well so it can suck up the dirt. Doing so will keep most of the dirt away and extend the life of your carpet.
Spot Clean Spills or Stains
Especially if you have a family, spills and stains are inevitable. However, this does not mean it has to be the end of your carpet. With proper carpet cleaning, you can make the stains go away. You can do so by treating spills immediately after they occur. When you don’t clean them immediately, they can soak into the carpet fibers and padding causing further damage. And if the liquid was acidic, it could even start to deteriorate the carpet fibers. To avoid this, make sure to soak up the spills immediately and treat the stain with a carpet cleaning solution.
Rearrange Your Furniture
When you leave your furniture in the same place, it can wear down the carpet. There will also be a buildup of dirt where people are frequently walking. To avoid this, rearrange your furniture often to change where people are walking throughout your home. This will keep your carpet cleaning less than if you left your furniture in the same place.
Hire a Carpet Cleaning Company
Even with all of these carpet cleaning tips, you will still need professional help. That’s why periodically you need to hire a professional carpet cleaning company. They know the best methods to properly clean your carpet and get everything up that you couldn’t. They will also be trained to use the right equipment.
Those are the top tips to extend the life of your carpet. Remember to vacuum your carpets frequently and spot clean spills or stains immediately. Also, remember to rearrange your furniture periodically and to hire a carpet cleaning company to make your carpet like new. With these tips, you will be able to extend the life of your carpet for years to come. This means you will not have to worry about the expensive task of replacing any carpets in your home.
Although you try to avoid unsightly stains on your carpet, at some point carpet cleaning is inevitable for everyone. Let’s face it-accidents happen. Even when you take every precaution possible, it is impossible to keep every stain from hitting your carpet. Drops of blood, spilled drinks, and accidents from your pets are the most common causes of carpet stains. So, what do you do when you are faced with tough carpet stains? While it is important that you do not let your tough carpet stains set in, it is equally as important to assess your stain and make sure you treat it in the right way. Here are some effective ways to make sure you are performing your carpet cleaning efforts the right way.
Carpet Cleaning for Pet Stains
Pet stains can be frustrating. Not only are they terrible to look at, they could be embarrassing when you have unexpected company. The focus of carpet cleaning for pet stains is to make sure you clean the stain and eliminate any odor that might come with the stain. Below are ways to clean out pesky pet stains:
- Clean up the initial mess. If there is debris left behind, use gloves to pick it up and dispose of it. If the stain is wet, blot the stain to soak up any moisture that is left behind. Continue to blot the stain until it is almost dry and the stain is removed.
- If a stain is already dry, you will need to moisten it. Apply a carpet stain cleaning product that is specific for pet stains. Once you have moistened the stain, let the cleaning product soak in for a few minutes and continue with the blotting method. Repeat as necessary until the stain is removed.
- To neutralize any odor associated with pet stains, try using white vinegar. Mix a ¼ cup of vinegar with a quart of warm water and spritz it on the stain. Allow it to soak and then proceed with the blotting method until the stain is gone and the spot dries.
- Another method is to mix a quart of water with stain fighting laundry detergent. Make it into a spritz. Spray on the stain and let it soak. Blot until the stain is mostly dry. Rinse with warm water and repeat as necessary until the stain is removed.
Carpet Cleaning for Blood Stains
Blood stains are often a stressful stain to deal with, but blood stains are not as bad as they appear. Treat blood stains as promptly as possible. The faster you act with blood stains, the more effective your removal method will be. Let’s look at some tricks for cleaning out blood stains:
- Always use cold water when dealing with blood because blood coagulates with heat. Cold prevents blood from permeating the fibers in carpets.
- Fill a spritz bottle with 2 teaspoons of grease fighting liquid detergent and cold water. Spray the stain liberally, so it is completely soaked. Use a paper towel or a white cloth to blot the stain. Rinse the stain with cold water and repeat until the stain is removed.
- OxiClean is a great bleach-free product to fight blood stains. Use a bottle to apply the stain remover or a dropper to drop directly on the stain. Blot until the stain is dry, rinse, and repeat until the stain is gone.
- Remember, dealing with blood stains takes persistence. Keep at the stain until it is gone.
Carpet Cleaning for Coffee Stains
Coffee stains can make your carpet look filthy. Their yellowish, brown color can leave your carpets looking pretty disgusting. Here are some tricks to cleaning coffee stains:
- Dry the spot with a white towel. Change cleaning cloths as they become saturated. This helps to prevent pushing the stain further into the carpet.
- Mix vinegar, water, and a non-bleach detergent into a spritz bottle, rinse the stain, repeat until the stain is removed.
Most techniques for carpet cleaning are safe, easy, and effective to remove stains. However, even if you clean stains as fast as possible, and use the right methods, some carpet cleaning methods are not enough to get your carpet stain-free. In this case, it is best to call a professional carpet cleaning service to get your carpet looking like new. Your carpet is a big financial investment. Make sure you are extending the life of your investment by treating carpet stains and odors in the most effective way.
Carpet, rugs, and upholstery, when properly cleaned and maintained, act as in-home air filters. Certified Clean Care’s cleaning services in Watkinsville, GA ensure your carpets, rugs, and upholstery are helping create a clean and healthy environment for you and your family.
However, if your carpets, rugs, and upholstery are NOT properly cleaned and maintained, this is what could be lurking right beneath you and your families noses:
At Certified Clean Care, we appreciate your patronage and like to share our knowledge of the cleaning industry with our audience on social media, especially Facebook!
To keep updated with the latest news, specials and happy home tips, please visit our Facebook page and give us a like by CLICKING HERE and hitting the thumbs up!
Thank you for your loyalty and continued business! And for those just joining us, Welcome to the Certified Clean Care community!
Your home or office’s indoor air quality can be greatly improved by having a Professional Carpet, Rug, Tile, Upholstery, Hardwood Floor and Mattress Cleaning by Certified Clean Care in Watkinsville, GA. The following infographic explains the hazards in your indoor environment:
This video explains Certified Clean Care‘s 10-step carpet cleaning process:
Certified Clean Care offers a variety of cleaning services to keep your home or business clean, healthy and happy. We have what it takes to assist you all year long with our friendly service, all natural cleaning products and quick dry time. We provide our customers with “the most thorough cleaning ever, guaranteed!”